Wednesday, July 3, 2013

4th of July Fun


My very favorite day of the year is upon us!

And although it's been about thirteen years since I've spent it on the lake, fireworks at night and skiing in the morning, this year will be the closest thing to my ideal 4th in a long time.

Entertaining at my house with my food and decor for my mom and other family.  (although my sis, Dad and Sue will be greatly missed)

I finally get to entertain on the 4th and make pies and dishes and red, white and blue paper goods.

Sur La Table was at it again with an adorable collection this year!


Obsessed, I mean obsessed with these napkin rings.  I have absolutely zero use for them, but if I can find them on clearance I may snag them up just for decor.

I picked up this spreader last week to add to my spreader collection.

 Other cute things.  Collection here.


 I've got the kids' patriotic outfits picked out.  You better believe next year they will be in coordinating gear.  And the next, and the next.

Here's a quick tutorial for an easy flag shirt from babyrabies.

Considering I don't even have a pie crust made, I need to get busy baking and crafting.  I'm hoping Steve's grilling will be ready by the 6th.


No comments: