What did people do for parties before cupcake toppers and water bottle wrappers to decorate?
I love the idea of a printable, it adds so much to a party theme.
I do not love the idea of paying $30+ for a set of paper circles that will be thrown away three hours later. I guess it's like a wedding dress? You are paying for the decorations and then the memory in the pictures for years to come? Not really.
My daughter's 1st birthday is quickly approaching us. Honestly, I am still very far from being in a party planning mode. But that is not fair to my sweet little girl, so the party planning must go on!
We decided to go with an ice cream party theme. We love ice cream, she doesn't seem to care what we do and it's a fun activity for all the other guests. 2 years to 87 years.
Yesterday I finally sat down and googled and googled, pinterested and googled some more. I finally found a tutorial that made sense and I had the right software to use. I don't know why it was so hard to find how to do them, although maybe that's why so many just buy them. Years ago I found a simple already created water bottle template for my son's 1st birthday that just happened to be perfect for his circle theme. Since then, I haven't found anything that easy.
The tutorial was not difficult. Just like making your own monogram. It just takes a little time, tweaking and patience. Lots of patience for this non creative design person. My software was not exactly like the tutorial and I am still not 100% satisfied with the minor details. I went back a few hours later and redid all of the designs. I took what I learned and then played around a little more to really get the colors, design and placement I wanted. I also ate a whole bag of Twizzlers.
Overall, I am very excited that they worked out. I can figure out those little details later.


No comments:
Post a Comment