Friday, March 8, 2013

{Craft Corner} Yarn Wrapped Letter Decor



This looked a lot easier than it actually was.

Not that it is difficult, I just was annoyed with the uneven wrapping and burning of my fingers.

I think the shape of the letter matters.  I'm not thrilled with it and I need to figure out how to cover the bald spots and find a fun embellishment, but it's ok.

You could do this for any letter, shape, boy, girl, family, party decor.

Materials
Wooden Letter
Variety of coordinating yarn colors
Hot glue gun and glue



Start at one end and glue to the back.

Start wrapping tightly around the letter, glueing on the back every now and then to keep straight and tight.



1/3 way up, start with a new color repeating the previous steps.




1/3 left, start with final color.  Repeat steps.

Add embellishments or not.  (Still need to do this)





1 comment:

Fawn Over Baby said...

I LOVE THE YARN! So creative!