Monday, January 30, 2012

Downton Abbey

I seem to have a lot to share this week so there may be multiple posts each day.


Obsessed.  I mean, up until 2am watching the last four episodes of the first season obsessed.

I don't even know what is so good about it but I love it.  It is like a soap opera.  It is like an HBO drama.  It is like a piece of history.  It is like Gossip Girl but a 100 years ago (literally).


Watch Downton Abbey Season 1 Preview on PBS. See more from Masterpiece.

It is on PBS's Masterpiece Theatre and is getting a ton of buzz and awards.  I think I am late to the party but I don't care.  Currently in the second season.  We streamed the first season through Netflix on our Blu-Ray.  Or if you have Netflix you can watch it on your computer.  I'm not sure the other options.  Schedule here.

It is so refreshing to watch a basically PG rated series that still has all the drama, suspense, betrayal, quirky lines, romance with out over the top violence and steamy scenes.  It is possible Hollywood.

Also makes me want to go back to Newport, RI and tour more mansions.  Fascinating, just a fascinating time period and way of life.  But the rich always are, aren't they?

No comments: