Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Sock Bun



I wear my hair up a lot.  Like, 99.5% of waking hours.  I am always looking for something new.  Side braids are so 2009 even though I still do them often.

I've just started reading Ya'bout that and I lurve her.  That's really what I wish my blog looked like. She posted about the no heat sock curls the other day.  This is why following 401 blogs is rewarding.  Or at least Tinsely because she always leads you the right way.

Tutorial for curls here and for just the bun here.  I like this girl and she totally dumbs it down.

I went ahead and did the curl over night just to see if my no curl hair would do soft curls.

The classic phone in the mirror shot


A little too curly for me.  Maybe I'll spend a little more time to make it neater when setting the bun.  Even when it straightened out some it was too messy for my liking.  Plus I tied the ponytail too tight and there was a crease at top.  Something my sister and I both anticipated.  I will say this is non brushed just let out and slightly finger combed.  It really is that easy.

I really like the bun.  The curls need work.

You can buy a foam donut but I happened to be at my brother-in-law's who has a few mismatched tan socks that he was willing to part with.

No comments: