Wednesday, October 19, 2011

{Movie Review} Footloose



Slightly obsessed.  It was good.  Like, first season of Glee cheesy good.

I know I have terrible taste.  Or yet the taste of a thirteen year old girl but I don't care.  I was shockingly surprised how much I liked this movie.  The acting was actually ok.  The chemistry, right on.  The dancing was not over the top and talented.  I was afraid it would be too much breakdancing (or whatever you call it these days, crunking?) but it wasn't.

I'm not saying there weren't some incredibly silly moments but that is just a no brainer.

Let me tell you, I really liked Kenny.  Forget Zac Efron and Chace Crawford who thought they were too good for this role.  Kenny nailed it.  I forgot that I knew of him back on Dance Life a few years ago.

But the real star?  The guy that made me laugh almost every time he opened his mouth or moved his feet?



Miles Teller.  Willard, the best friend.  Hilarious, current and exactly what the role should be.

All I will say is the dance teaching montage begins with four sweet little nine year old girls singing on their Barbie karaoke machines as he is instructed to follow their lead as they perform their choreographed dance to "Let's Hear It For The Boys".  Amazing.

Entertainment Weekly gave it an A-.  US Weekly gave it three our of four stars.  A Cup Of Sweetness gives it a 3/4.  Get it?

1 comment:

Ann said...

Okay, I was mildly interested in seeing this movie. Now, I am DEFINITELY seeing it. We share the same 13-year-old movie taste. :)