Thursday, June 9, 2011

Celebrating the Boy (Craft Website)



Her name is Dana, her site is MADE and I love her.  I love her tutorials, I love her ideas, I love her photos and I love, love her sewing space.  I am inspired.  I need that teal rotary phone.

 

So many tutorials on her site but the best part is that she has ones just for boys too.  She acknowledges that there are not many sewing projects for the little males out there.  (There are plenty adorable girl ones too)  I need to learn how to work with elastic and then I am all about those boy pants.



I actually found her through her pajama tutorial.  Looks easy, up until the waist.  But that is just because I've never done elastic, a waist, button holes or drawstring.

She also has great home improvement, decorating, recipes, thrift finds and other fun goodies.  Just going back and forth getting her links I've found about seven other tutorials I want to try and posts to read up on.  This is one of those websites you need a good hour (or two) to browse.

"It's been a long time since I've stumbled upon a website I am obsessed with.  I couldn't stop talking about her last night.  Finally my husband laughed at me going on and on and said, sew what?!"  He was kidding and yes he is a nerd.

Guess I'll be getting my sewing machine out again soon.  And to think our apartment was finally clean...

*all pictures are taken from her amazing site

No comments: